Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Pimped My Tracks: De-bus Right!

 Aifix/JB Models M113 improvement project complete. Two tracks ready to roll.
 After a wee bit of a shocker week for progress it all came together on the weekend.
 Track one zero.
 Standard MERDC scheme with a darker shade of field drab. Extras include the shovel, spare track links and rolled tarp. MERDC is not dead either...Google "Afghan army M113" and see some brought out of storage to equip the new army.
 I dry brushed the beast to hell to achieve the in the field look. Decals from the spares box because the supplied ones are terrible and fall apart just by gawking at them. The decal on the rear door is for gaming purposes and not for the mail man. 
 Track one one. No gun shields for both tracks since they were not as common as you might think, and I like the basic 'straight' look about them.
 Rather than have the aerials flapping around ready to tear off on game day I decided to go tactical and pin them down. Both figures provided (Good on the manufacturer for actually providing them) are fairly basic but look the part. They are schemed into the US Woodland pattern.
 On the front and rear jerricans I glued some cut up staples to effect a more depth look on the mounts/straps.
 The two together showing the two shades of field drab and the different angles of the turrets to create variation.
Thats the endgame for this pair of tracked boxes, and I must say an enjoyable project.

Go out an buy a few and model on!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar