We all need a bit of colour in our lives
To brighten up dark autumn afternoons
Today Jacob and I made scones
with buttermilk
(recipe courtesy of
Alice)
Complete with ruby red plum jam.

Someone who literally brought colour to the lives of many was Julia Caprara. Many of you will have already read on other blogs the sad news of Julia's death on Friday after a long illness. I first met Julia at an open day when I was considering taking the degree with Opus. It was her generous and encouraging words that gave me the confidence to believe in myself and to believe I was good enough to do this degree. A lovely, generous, inspiring and colourful lady who will be missed by many. Condolences to Alex and his family.
If you've not experienced Julia's wonderful way with colour then I can whole heartedly recommend her book "Exploring Colour" which is full of wonderful images of her work together with assignments and exercises designed to inspire those who wish to explore colour and stitch creatively. Put some colour in your life.
0 Yorumlar